When you start a new business, finance will be a long way down your to-do list. No doubt, you’ll want to focus your time and energy on the things you know and enjoy, and leave the numbers for another day.
But even if finance feels like a chore, it can’t take second place. Because every day you run a business with a weak financial system, you’re storing up problems that will haunt you as the business grows…
Excessive costs…low profit margins…poor cashflow…the problems are endless
A weak system hampers you at every stage. From major steps like raising and spending capital to those small day-to-day tasks like invoicing and collections. Every wrong move has a direct impact on cashflow, investment and growth.
And it’s not a problem you can fix by simply adding new customers. Because every sale is pouring money into a broken system, where the bottom line is always lower than it should be.
We’ve seen too many early stage businesses held back, for want of a better system and a few essential skills. So we created this masterclass series for CEOs who want to take the mystery out of finance…
Strength in Numbers – your DIY Financial Toolkit
Over 6 steps, you’ll learn to see the story behind the numbers – to spot the risks and opportunities in every balance sheet, and every P&L.
Of course, like any program, you get out what you put in. But stay the course, and you’ll have the financial insight to raise new capital and make smart, informed decisions.
- Create an effective budget, from a model that gives you liquidity… reflects where your business is going… and tells you exactly how much funding you’ll need at every turn
- Build an accurate sales funnel, based on probability – not guesswork
- Forecast your cash reserves for the end of each month… over the full year ahead
- Raise more capital by talking to different types of investors – and giving them the specific information they need
- Solve your pricing problems, in a way that keeps you competitive… and profitable
- Incorporate CFO practices now – long before a CFO joins your team
- Test your investments before you commit, with proven financial models
- Scale your business without straining your financial system
- Talk with confidence to investors and board members when they check in to see if you’ll be making your numbers
Strength in Numbers with James Vanreusel – at a Glance
Master the essentials with James – working at your own pace, over 6 one-hour modules in course form:
MODULE 1 – Know Your Numbers
Getting to grips with the principles, so you can leave the detail to others.
MODULE 2 – Cashflow
Protecting your reserves, to stay above the burn rate and extend the “cash runway”.
MODULE 3 & 4 – Management Accounting
How to read the big picture and see behind the numbers.
MODULE 5 – Financial Efficiency
The reports, KPIs and systems that keep your business on track.
MODULE 6 – Budgets and Forecasting
Demystifying the financial models that let you plan ahead.
SNEAK PEAK OF COURSE CURRICULUM
Each module is critical in your financial development. So you’ll get lifetime access to the recordings, plus transcripts – all for a one-time investment of $197 – a fraction of James’ fee for one hour’s consulting.
Is this solution right for you?
You’re going to need Strength In Numbers if…
- You’ve recently started a business (for profit or non-profit), with ambitions to scale
- You find finance daunting, but you’re ready to take control of the numbers
- You want to understand the key figures and how they affect your business
- You want a financial system that protects your cash and lets you get paid faster
- You want to grow to $1M+, without overspending and running out of cash
- You want to know where you are financially, without getting tied to spreadsheets
- You’ve got a life to live, and you’re working for the future you’ve always wanted
- You spend every waking hour fretting over capital, fraud or insolvency