Bohemian Companies is a Forbes 400 family office based in Fort Collins, Colorado providing
support to diverse business and investment activities.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Financial Officer who will be committed to
ensuring the financial integrity of the organization while leading an efficient and effective
support services team. The role will provide hands-on, fiduciary oversight of diverse financial
interests while serving as a strategic thought-partner reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
(“COO”). The position will be responsible for core accounting and finance, tax planning, estate
planning administration, real and personal property management (including aircraft
management), and certain human resources duties.
Accounting & Finance
• Responsible for effectiveness of accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of all financial and board reporting.
• Responsible for tax planning, reporting and compliance.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the COO,
administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and
keep COO abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Oversee financial management reporting system.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
• Effectively communicate and present any critical financial matters to COO.
• Oversee/coordinate legal counsel in partnership with COO.
• Evaluate organizational processes/procedures to ensure compliance with legal and tax
• Assess insurable risks and recommend coverage, as needed.
• Oversee insurance coverage and policies (property, general liability, workers comp., etc.)
• Oversee the document management systems, policies, and practices.
• Provide oversight of the safety and security policies and practices.
• Oversee the property management function ensuring assets are maintained according to
the organization’s standards.
• Lead or assist in property acquisitions, sales, and leasing.
• Oversee aircraft management to ensure conditions of satisfaction are consistently met.
• Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
• Oversee contracts management and administration.
• Support human resources and administration programs including compensation and
benefits, performance management practices, professional development, training and
• Manage and oversee external human resources vendors and consultants including
professional employer organization.
• Assist with the oversight and maintenance of estate plans and components.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, ideally with an MBA or active CPA.
• Minimum of 10 overall professional experience as a Controller, Finance and
Administration Director, Vice President of Finance, or Chief Financial Officer, and
ideally 5 or more years of operational management experience.
• Broad experience or understanding of various legal entities (including trusts,
partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations) and related governance, tax,
and accounting principles.
• Experience developing and maintaining finance, legal, and administrative operational
systems and processes.
• Experience directly leading different business functions, including Accounting and
• Experience of ultimate responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data and
reporting for an organization.
• Ability to analyze complex scenarios, troubleshoot, and make recommendations with
confidence and in alignment with organizational culture and objectives.
• Ability to illuminate accounting concepts and principles to – and effectively collaborate
with – colleagues who may or may not have similar accounting experience.
• Technology savvy with experience using a broad selection of software packages;
knowledge of accounting and reporting software, preferably Sage Intacct and Dynamics
The minimum starting pay for this position is $160,000 annual salary. All regular, full-time
employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, wellness benefits,
retirement savings and company match. Additional benefits include fifteen paid holidays,
flexible time off, new parent leave, staff education and eligibility for education reimbursement.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act
and is the company’s good faith and reasonable reflection of the minimum compensation and
benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary
based on factors including employee qualifications, employer finances and other operational
All interested individuals, including people of all races and national origin, people of all ages,
people of all religions, people with or without disabilities, and/or people with any gender identity
and sexual orientation are urged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is
identified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we encourage interested applicants
to apply promptly. No phone calls, please.
Bohemian Companies is a committed Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides
equal employment opportunities to its employees and invites qualified candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. Bohemian Companies prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.