We are a startup with big ambitions. We provide independent corporate finance and part-time CFO services for international companies with revenues between $2-20 million and select engagements up to $100 million. We are actively engaged in strategically scaling our clients across ten countries and are looking to train the right individual to assist us in growing the delivery of our services and products. A fantastic opportunity to join us at an early stage and help grow and develop our organization to a high level.
You’ll work side-by-side with a small but highly creative, motivated team committed to making a transformational difference in the lives of our clients. Currently, our team is entirely remote. But from time to time will in an office in downtown San Francisco. However, this particular position can be done remotely. The working hours are typically 8:30 am to 5:30 pm PST, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible. We are more about accomplishing specific tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock-in/clock-out time.
This role has the opportunity to grow significantly. You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager to support company growth and the CEO.
You will need to live in the United States or Canada or somewhere that works well within the Pacific Time Zone. The typical hours for this role are 8:30-5:30 pm Monday-Friday, and on occasion, there are hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the VV Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, support all of the administrative details, and help remove any bottlenecks that slow down the company’s growth and business development.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CEO’s needs and the needs of the business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity to support the initiatives of the company.
The VV Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Email management on behalf of the CEO or other team members and within the inbox to assign emails to team members as needed
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CEO
- Varying professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel.
- Social Media Engagement-We need someone who can close the gap on our social media campaigns. This may include liking, commenting in the CEO’s voice, inviting interactions, retweeting, following, and reaching out to people on LinkedIn.
- Support Operations team with business development efforts, which could include email communications, marketing emails, newsletters, email blasts
- Content Distribution and repurposing-We have a ton of content that can be repurposed in many ways. This may include transcribing something in Otter and sending it to a copywriter or trimming a video to share with our social media team.
- Ad hoc requests from team members -We are a small team with a lot of work, and many times there are small research projects or data entry projects that pop up for other members of our team. We want someone who is willing to multitask and be able to assist with ad hoc requests.
- Content updates on WordPress website-We would like someone who can assist with adding new content to our website.
- Help close the loop on open projects-We are a very goal-based company and have tight timelines for our projects. We need someone who isn’t afraid to ask for the things required to drive items to completion.
- Financial Knowledge: The VV EA will have high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with financial information, their experience supporting busy teams and Executives, and their ground-level understanding of accounting terminology to provide informed administrative support.
- Quality Communication: The VV EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes taking a large amount of information and summarizing it quickly both in writing and orally regularly. You must also track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our VV EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the CEO, the VV EA will also work with the Finance Team and Operations Team members. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our CEO to serve our company and customers at the top of his game, our VV Executive Assistant will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his most significant contribution.
- Affinity for Technology: Our Executive Assistant will be technologically savvy and not intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Hubspot, Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience: 2-5 years of Executive Assistant experience supporting c-suite executive(s), and supporting busy growing companies
- Availability: 15 + hours per week
- 2+ years of providing complex calendar management, travel, and expense reports for one or more executives
Available to complete work, take calls, etc. during business hours Monday – Friday
Previous experience managing multiple clients, accounts, and projects preferred Mac (preferred) or PC Compute and the most recent version of MS Office installed (all programs; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Preference to candidates proficient in standard online programs/software used by small business owners. (Slack, Harvest, WordPress, Google Suite, Zoom, Calendly, Asana, Hubspot.)
Familiarity with social media platforms (specifically Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please submit the following in the form below.
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume in the form below.
- Tell us why you would be perfect for this position.
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Please send questions to email@example.com